Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rad Bromance - Interlude

Knock, knock.  Tap, tap, tap.

The door to the storage room at work slowly opened.

"You have a visitor...," my boss chimed, "N___ is here to see you."








I was halfway through lunch and just had taken another bite of chicken tikka masala and was caught a bit off guard.

I swallowed. "I'll be there in a minute."

The door closed and I jumped over to the sink and hurriedly began brushing my teeth. I took a quick glance in the mirror and decided to rinse off my face and straighten up my hair a tad bit before I decided I was ready to see him again.

"Hi T___! How are you?" he asked me as he gave me a hug.

"I'm great. Good to see you," I replied before also saying, "Hello," to K_____.






"You really are such a good tour guide that I was easily able to find my way back to where you work." He smiled at me, wearing a light blue linen shirt; the pull of his camera's shoulder strap gently lifted his snugly fit shirt and revealed just a hint of skin above the waistline of his casual shorts. I attempted to avert my eyes and, with considerable effort, managed to fix my gaze down to his Oxford Chuck Taylors instead.  




"What have you got planned for the rest of the day?" I asked trying not to sound too anxious.

"Well, we did Fremont this morning," K_____ explained, "I was going to show N___ the Koolhaas library and then head over to Caffè Umbria and look around Pioneer Square."

"Oh, sounds nice."  I replied in as pleasantly as possible, hoping I'd get an invite to meet up with them later in the evening.

However, it didn't turn out that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment